Monday, February 18, 2008

Dance like no one is watching!

While growing up I was fortunate enough to try many activities.  My mom wanted me to be active and I guess find my talent.  I did gymnastics for 4 years, piano for a little while, played clarenet for 3 years, was involved in winter guard for 4 years, and danced off and on my entire life.  Out of all these activities I am always going back to dancing.  Dancing makes me feel alive and free.  I have done all types of dancing such as ballet, tap, modern, african, jazz, and I took a couple of ballroom classes.  Ahh how I miss it all so much.
This weekend I went out with a couple of friends, we chilled at the bar and then decided to dance a little.  As I looked around at the dance floor I saw all the different types of dancers.  There are those ones that are really speratic with their movement and it seems like they have a tottaly different song playing in their head then what the DJ had just put on,  then there are the ones that are to shy they hardly move or are leaning against the wall just watching people.  There are the crazy dancers, the sexual ones that just air hump everything, and then there are the super drunk dancers that are just falling over ever 2 sec.!  I love to watch people dance because most of the time you can really see their personality come out and you see people just having fun and enjoying themselves!  I know I just let go, enjoy the music and smile!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I'm a fearless dancer. I really don't care what I look like when I'm dancing. I feel like a good dancer by sheer value of the fact that I'm brave enough to move, and not everyone is. I dance like a crazed maniac. I think I embarrass my friends a lot... but whatever. I'm not shy about it. I even dance at work while I'm typing. My coworkers think I'm a loon.

Technodoll said...

I wish I could dance... I think my feet have dyslexia :-(

You go, girl!

Red Robin said...

Oh that is awesome not to care what other people think, as long as you are enjoying yourself! I dance around my office all the time!

Alexis said...

What about the ones that create entirely new and original movements because their shoes are killing them? ;)

Totally fun.