Monday, December 10, 2007

Back to the daily grind

So let me just catch everyone up on my very uneventful, yet good weekend! Well Friday night was a Holiday party a co-worker had for all the employees. Let me first start off by saying this co-worker has been nothing but mean to me since I started at the company over a year ago, but she did decide to ask me to plan this party out. Well being the push over I am I set up a pot luck dinner and did the job to the minimum! None the less, the party was fun! Well add a bunch of wine and beer at 5:30 and you can have fun any where! After the party my husband and some friends of ours went down town to our new hang out, because it is a free cover, The Lodge. I really am starting to like that place a lot, really makes you feel like you are in Colorado in the middle of winter, sitting on big comfy couches and downing shots! So yeah lets recap real quick, drinking at the Holiday party + drinking lots of shots = Lauren not remember where we went after the lodge. Anyways when I woke up the next day I could have sworn I got into some huge bar fight, I had bruises and scratches all over my body. Before I could talk to my husband I had made up this whole story in my head of how I got raging mad and just started throwing punches and knocked a bunch of people out and walked away with some bruises and scratches. I was the talk of the town! Come to find out we went to chillers after the lodge and drunk+3 flights of stairs+ 3 inch heels= falling down the stairs and getting really banged up!
Well so that was my exciting Friday night, I know you all are jealous!
So on Sat and Sunday I wanted to keep it low key. On Saturday I went and laid out at the pool. Yes people, I laid out at the in the middle of December and I was sweating.
Later that night I went to a fabulous bridal shower and then just kept it mellow for the rest of the night. Sunday I laid out again and this time I thought I got more sun, but I am still white, but at least not pasty white, just white! Then last night I watch Hostel II which was so disgusting and scary at the same time. Everyone should see it just to have the experience of an upset stomach just from a movie. I had my eyes closed for a lot of the movie, but I made it and with no night mares!
Til next time, Peace!

4 comments:

Alexis said...

Much more eventful than my weekend, I'll say. :)

Maxie said...

Was Hostel II gorier than the first one? The first one was pretty bad, I'm not sure I can handle much worse.

Don't you hate that when you wake up the day after going and you have to say "what the hell did i do to make my body feel like this?"

Janet said...

I love how you went from being in a cozy Colorado-like lodge to the pool in like 12 hours. I need that!

Red Robin said...

Yeah Hostel II was so gory, most of it I had to cover my eyes!

Janet- the joys of Floida, but I want snow so bad. Going to NY in less than a week and so excited about it!