Sunday, November 04, 2007

Good Morning!

Since I have been working out a lot more than usual I decided to make a hearty and healthy  breakfast for me to eat every morning.
I wanted to share the recipe with you guys. It is super simple and can be frozen and reheated to eat whenever you want it!

Egg, Cheese, and Broccoli casserole

what you will need:
-10 eggs (you can add or subtract from the recipe depending on how much you want to make)
- 1/3 cup of half and half
- 3-4 cups broccoli
- 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese ( use whatever cheese you like the best)
-salt, pepper, and additional seasonings if wanted (I added a little bit of spice, because I love it!)

*Fill pot with broccoli and water and bring to a boil
*pre-heat over to 350
*let broccoli come to a bright green and then drain into a colander. ( Broccoli will be undercooked, but will bake later in over)
                      
*mix eggs, half and half, and add salt and pepper and spicy seasonings if wanted
*Put broccoli in bottom of casserole dish
*add cheese on top
*pour egg mixture over broccoli and mix with a fork so the cheese can mix in
* place in oven and bake for 45 min.
* I let mine come to room temp. before placing in freezer.
*slice and microwave once ready to eat
* ENJOY!!!!!

4 comments:

Andréa said...

Sounds really good and packed with protein (good for preggo people like myself!) I am gonna try this, but do you think I could substitute soy milk for half and half? I am not too fond of cream?

Kate said...

That looks fantastic!! I'm trying to get back in shape at the moment and a big part of that will be adding heaps of protein.

Perfect timing!

Red Robin said...

Yeah I have been working out so much that is really starts the day off great! I actually used soy creamer because it was already in my fridge! I don't know if regular soy milk would work because of the consistency? But if you try it let me know!

Becka Robinson said...

that looks really really good!