Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Holloween?



Lets start off on Tuesday night when a light bulb went off that tomorrow was going to be Halloween. I was astonished that I really forgot about it. Halloween is was one of my favorite holidays. I love, love, love the color orange and pumpkin spices and how the leaves are falling, well in some parts of the country!
I realized that this Halloween was going to pass right by me and I would probably not even eat one piece of candy or carve a pumpkin.

In the morning on Wednesday I decided that I would dress up a little and when I mean a little I just grabbed some cat ears from my closet that I had worn last year. I got to work and come to find out I am not the only one that forgot it was Halloween. It makes me sad because as we grow up our priorities change and some things that were at the top of the list, aren't even on the list any more.

I spent Halloween literally going through hell. I was with the Orange County Firefighters recruitment process. They had us doing push ups, leg lifts, and jumping jacks on the cement road. I was hauling wet fire hoses back and forth in mud that was filled with spiders and ants. Which I have several bites to prove! I was constantly on the verge of throwing up.
As I was washing the grass and dirt from my aching body I realized I have a long way to go to become a Firefighter and right now that is my priority that is at the top of my list, not Halloween. I did get to spend some time with some great friends, even though I probably wasn't very fun to be around! So I hope some of you had a Happy Halloween!



Here is my costume for next year!







3 comments:

Valley Girl said...

Sexy!

Alexis said...

Haha...fun costume!

Yeah, we will have to do way better with Halloween next year. I'm really proud of you and how well you are doing on your way to becoming a fire fighter, though!

Becka Robinson said...

ha ha ha, you can put out my fire anytime...or start it ;)